Wednesday, March 16, 2011

In the Words of Bernie Mac...

Bust them in the head until the white meat shows.  Those were the funny words of comedian Bernie Mac talking about what parents should do to kids.  He must have had my kid in mine when he said that.   As the parent of a 18 year old, I think of his humorous advice often and bust out laughing.  Sometimes to keep from screaming, but definitely laughing.  Now that I am a 50+ parent, I find that I am at loss of words when dealing with my kid.  Well, not really at a loss of words, more like a loss of polite words.  Most times she just makes me want to scream.  Or as Marvin Gaye said, she "make me want to holler and throw up both my hands".  I remember when she was just 2 or 3 years old, my mother looked at her and said, "That's the one. The other two (My oldest daughter and son) did not give you any problems, but this one is going to be the one" .  Boy did my mother ever tell the truth or now that I think about it, she might have jinxed me as well.   This kid definitely is keeping me on my toes.  Problem is my toes at 50+ are not what they used to be.  Over the last year or so, I seem to be really feeling my age.  You know I keep hearing that 50 is supposed to be the new 40 - Yeah right.  Tell my bad knees and my poor eye sight that!  Anyway, I haven't busted my kid in the  head yet, probably because I can't reach that high anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment