Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Friends Forever

Have you noticed that the older you get, the harder it is to make friends.  Oh, you have lots of acquaintances that weave in and out of your life.  But chances are, the friends you've had since you were a kid or a teenager, are the ones you call your friends today.
My best friend is Lynette.  I have known her since we were young and hot and you couldn't tell us a thing! I spent the day with her recently and we reminisced about some of the crazy things we used to do.  We are both a lot calmer (I guess that's cause we're older) these days, but we still get into some mischief every now and then.
    Over the years Lynette has lived in different cities other than Detroit.  At times, we may have only seen each other once or twice a year.  Sometimes, not even that.  She is the type of friend that you don't  have to hold her hand and babysit.  You know how some friends have a fit if you don't call them everyday.  But Lynette is not like that and neither am I. When we do finally talk, it's like it was yesterday and we just pick up right where we left off.
    Another reason Lynette and I have been friends for almost 30 years, is that we genuinely like each other.  You know how you hear "so-called girlfriends" talk about each other behind their backs and refer to their "friend" as that bitch under their breath. That's because they really don't like each other, but that's not me and Lynette.  Our criticisms are non-existent and we just accept each other as we are. Friendship with Lynette is easy. She'snot just my friend, she's my sister. Bottom line - I love Lynette and our friendship!
    Have you told your best friend how much they mean to you.  If not, do it today.  Their friendship is precious and can last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment