Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Legacy

Since the death of Michael Jackson (I was a big fan), I've been thinking about my legacy.  What will I leave to the world when I die.  For Michael, it will be his legacy as the "King of Pop".  He will live on through his music. I, on the other hand have no Thriller or Billie Jean to exemplify my genius.  No one will ever no my name except for my family, and they often forget that except for when they want something.  So what will I leave to the world once I'm gone.  For me I hope that it will be the kindness and love that I have shown other people. Don't get me wrong, I'm no Mother Teresa, but I try to be just a little friendlier, a little kinder to people I meet throughout my life.  It takes so little to smile or just say hello.   If someone feels just a little better because of a small act of kindness, the world is just a little bit better.
I believe that kindness and love live on in the people we have touched.  It's sort of like the  "pay it forward" concept.  One act of kindness  begets another act of kindness.  I may not die famous and my name on everyone's lips, but I know that I have touched other people in a meaningful way and hopefully you will as well.  So here's to kindness and love - Let them live on forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment